Chapinka was a university hub in which students could buy and sell their used textbooks and single/married housing contracts with other classmates at their university. The site had several thousand registered accounts using its services.
If you would like to checkout the website, click here. I have created a statistics page located here. The site is currently stale, although accessible.
- Students are able to list their textbooks and single/married contracts.
- Set alerts to go out daily for textbooks or contracts matching their specified filters.
- Sellers receive offers via email or chat when a buyer is interested.
- Emails are proxied to secure sellers information until the seller responds to the email or chooses to give out personal information.
- Implemented a simple online chat for users -- custom built for the site.
- Log of all history of previously listed items.
- Log of received offers and offers made.
- Monthly reminders via email of active postings.
- Constructed a Chapinka advertising platform.
- Integrated Paypal API to make payments.
- Students are given 2 bumps for free, after which they can purchase more. Payment is then processed via the current platform and then sent to a REST API, which was created to receive the verification request and then automatically increase the users bump count in the database along with sending a reply from Chapinka of a confirmation of payment and confirmation of modified bump count.
- Autofill feature to save users time while creating posts if the previous information already exists in the system.
- Created a custom API for an Android App that was in development.
- Built a forgot password feature along with login and reset security.
- Integrated Google Maps for housing section.
- Created a rating system for sellers/buyers to rate each other on interactions. The user's rating is displayed on their personal profile page.